Friday, September 02, 2022

10 Reasons Why I'm Moving to Belize - #4 Climate

TWO WORDS: SUB TROPICAL


Okay, it's actually one word, but it means "perfection." If you can deal with humidity, bugs and rainy seasons, this climate is IDEAL! The mean temperature in the "cold" months is 74-degrees. There are two seasons--dry and rainy, no winter, summer, spring and fall. And that suits me just fine!


According to Encyclopedia Britannica, "Trade winds blow onshore most of the year, and from September to December northerly winds bring cooler, drier air." So it's not humid there ALL the time. Onshore breezes, consistently warm, pristine blue-green waters...need I say more??!? SIGN ME UP!!!

This place looks like paradise to me.


I mean every coastal scene I've found online looks like a postcard. I've watched videos--pros and cons of living there--from people who've made the move, and everyone is more enticement for me.

I've already written about nature and the birds, the sea life, the forests of Belize. It's location in the subtropics, it's coffee and it's food...these can all be attributed to the moderate climate of the region. This subtropical climate is not only amenable to birds, iguana and sea life, it's super amenable to humans who love warmth, humidity, sunshine and rain. Some people prefer mountainous terrains, snow, a change of seasons, and that's great. I've lived in those climates, too. I'm just one who likes a more temperate climate with less change and lots of sunshine.


It's proximity to the equator gives it an ideal climate--not far latitudinally from the Caymans or Jamaica, with the same Caribbean vibe. As a beach bum at heart, the climate of Belize and it's beautiful beaches make it my top destination!


No comments: