Tuesday, August 09, 2022

Serendipity...hope.


I am hoping for serendipity to take hold.

If two planets are met to collide, is there anything on this Earth, or within the realm of human possibilities, that can stop this cosmic intent?

In the not-so-distant past, I believed that someone very special was brought into my galaxy. I thought about the two of us as planets orbiting in very close proximity. I believed that we were on a crash course brought forth by destiny, or you might call it serendipity. For I never saw it coming. I certainly wasn't looking for it.

In this twist of fate that even I couldn't have written in a romance novel, I found this person orbiting in my galaxy. She was within reach. She was BEYOND anything that I could have hoped for, or even dreamed possible.

Circumstances forced me far away from her, but she was never out of my mind. Though, I sought to replace her, erased her photos from my phone, even wrote her a card basically wishing her a nice life...still...

Last night, she came to me in a dream. We hit it off like old friends. She was as familiar to me as a favorite sweatshirt when the crisp fall air of November requires an extra layer of warmth. And she fit right in with my family, as if hand to glove.

I don't put too much stock in dreams, but this was evidence of my subconscious stirring. She's always been there. Stirring. In the background.

Back when we were orbiting, I felt that it was a sure thing. Circumstance and perfect timing put us in each other's pathway. We struck a chord immediately and became good friends, but had to keep a professional distance. Secretly, we communicated electronically and shared some laughs and some tears, our joys and frustrations. In my mind's eye, I could see us planning a future together. I even prayed for guidance--to my ancestors, to the stars, to anyone "out there" listening.

There was one night in particular, I will never forget. Lying on my back in the late summer grass, looking up at a multitude of stars, I was overcome with a moment of humility and gratefulness. I thanked the Universe for being so gracious and kind to me, serendipitous, if you will. At that point in time, I just knew our two orbits would some day collide. It was written in the stars. We were on a very similar timeline, and in a similar situation in life.

So now that I am some distance away, and I've basically removed myself from her life, does that space, distance or time really mean anything? Is there really anything I could do to thwart the hand of fate? I was kind in my letter to her and I wished her nothing but the best.

But if my instincts were right, she hasn't written me off or forgotten about me. If we were meant to find each other at the most unexpected time and place, and our future is already written cosmically, is there any force on Earth that can stop that from coming to fruition? I can't fathom that there is.

Yet, it seems so wildly speculative and unimaginable at this particular juncture.

My plan is to live in Florida at the coast. Her's, as far as I could tell, was to live on the opposite coast. Will we somehow find our way back to each other? Only time will tell.

Today, all I can do is hope.

Serendipity...that's my hope.

No comments: