Friday, October 02, 2026

FILL MY WAGON CAMPAIGN


I have embarked on a solo mission to help keep two food pantries stocked near me in Key West. This grassroots campaign is simple, fill my wagon with canned and non-perishable food items and I will deliver them to either Poinciana Little Pantry or Tuga Shelves, the pantry for students of The College of the Florida Keys.

Once I secure a collapsible wagon, my plan is to post-up once a week at a different location in New Town or Stock Island. I will announce my location every week inviting locals to use me as a drop-off point for their donations.

It will just be me, my bike Earl and a wagon, unless anyone wants to join me for a few hours in the morning. The months of Oct-Dec mark the beginning of season and if the community gets behind this solo effort, I plan to approach community partners and the schools to grow this effort. When that happens, I will form a 501(c)3 non-profit and make Fill My Wagon a community-wide, tax exempt charity.

I am making this announcement ahead of the first week’s food drive. I already have a commitment from SOS Foundation to help market this campaign. Follow my Facebook page or one of the Key West locals pages for announcements.

 

No comments: