Tuesday, July 04, 2023

Introducing the FMB Islander

I'm in the process of starting a new venture -- an online, independent news site specific to Fort Myers Beach. I previously worked for the Island Sand Paper when I lived here before. It has since gone out of publication, sold by it's local owners. I loved writing for them and diving into human interest stories about all the characters here on FMB. I want to do that again.

Currently, the island is served by Breeze Newspapers a media group who publishes the Beach Observer. I want to do something unique that meets today's audience where they are--online. A truly local, grassroots outlet with stories that interest the beach's residents and visitors.

There's a rebirth happening here on Fort Myers Beach and I moved back specifically to be a part of that new growth and development. Recovery from Hurricane Ian is slow, but progress is being made. That's the focus of my very first article.

Come leave a comment or become a regular visitor to FMB Islander:

https://fmbislander.wordpress.com/










Ian's Scars Slow to Heal

No comments: