Monday, May 02, 2022

TRYING, DOING and BEING

 

TRYING

There is no shame in trying. Trying is not failing.

I have no regrets that I tried and failed. That’s the learning process that produces growth and change. I am not a failure because the experiment didn’t work. It would have been a failure not to have even tried. I did a thing. It didn’t work out.

Life rolls on.



DOING

One thing I know about love. It's an active verb, not an abstract concept. It's not the stuff of fairy tales, but the real-life, everyday doing. You can say that you love someone all day long, SHOW THEM! Love takes action. It is a choice. It's not some marshmallow fluff of a feeling. Words are just that. Actions are concrete proof of what's inside. As the Scriptures say, "The tree bears fruit," it doesn't just announce to the world, "I produce the best apples!" The proof is in the doing.

And if your level of doing keeps producing the wrong result...

DO. SOMETHING. DIFFERENT.



BEING

Regardless, we are beings, not doings. I think I heard either Eckhart Tolle or Mooji say that to me the first time. In essence, we just are. And that is enough. We can just exist and be happy. We don't have to achieve to earn--respect, happiness, worth, acceptance, love, etc. We are good enough. Every human being deserves those things outright. Just be.

I am learning.

Still on a spiritual quest for understanding, awareness, consciousness...I do not have a complete grasp of this thing called life. And that's ok. I'm an imperfect being. I will continue to try, to do and to be...

ON MY OWN.


No comments: